This evening whilst trying to set up Dance Dance Revolution for our boys and their friends, we ran into a small problem: no video.
Nope, I don’t think that’s it.
So I tried two different Xbox AV cables with the console and same result: no video. (The sound works fine as I hear the Xbox 360 boot sound on the speakers.)
So, I looked at a number of KB articles, including…
- Xbox 360: How to troubleshoot the Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable
- Xbox 360: How to reset the display settings to the default settings
To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:
- Remove any discs from the disc tray.
- Turn the console off.
- Turn the console on. Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.
- As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.
- The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.
I believe that it will be addressed by resetting the display. We’ll see in the morning. Just too tired to futz with it tonite.