From the Microsoft at home web site today (May 9)…
As part of Microsoft’s routine, monthly security update cycle we released the following new security updates on May 9, 2006:
- MS06-018 – addresses a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows
- MS06-020 – addresses a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows
The May 2006 Bulletin Release is discussed in more detail in the Microsoft Security Response Center Blog.
To get the Windows update for your home computer or laptop go to the Microsoft Update Web site now. To manually download the Windows update, go to Microsoft Update. After your computer has been scanned to see which updates it needs, click the Custom button to find and choose the update you want to install. Microsoft recommends you install all Critical updates immediately.
Microsoft recommends that you get the updates delivered automatically to your PC. When your computer is on and connected to the Internet, the most current security updates are automatically downloaded and installed. See how to use Automatic Updates: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me.
- Make sure you have a firewall, and antivirus and antispyware programs
- Scan and clean your computer to remove malicious software
- Security bulletin FAQ
- How to tell whether a security e-mail message is really from Microsoft
- More technical details: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for May 2006